About

Priorians Ladies Hockey Club, Founded in 1958

Almost half a century ago, Mr A.M. Raffan, the then Principal of Prior School, Lifford, County Donegal, founded the hockey club Priorians. Since then the club has had several bases: in 1981, it was Royal and Prior School, Raphoe, County Donegal. In 1976, it moved to play at Foyle and Londonderry College where a lot of hockey is still coached and where Priorians gain most of their players.

The club had an affiliation with City of Derry Rugby Club for a long number of years but had to move to the Astroturf facilities at Melvin Park, Strabane, County Tyrone when the first 11 reached Senior 1 status.

The club  returned to Londonderry in 2007 and played their games at the new astroturf pitch located at St. Columbs Park Leisure Centre, Londonderry.  Priorians will now be playing their hockey at the new astroturf pitch at Foyle College, Limavady Road.

The club provides a neutral setting under the ‘auspices’ of sport, for girls, boys and ladies to actively engage in sport, team spirit and socialising.

Presently the club runs two ladies teams: 1sts (Senior 1), 2nds (Junior 4). The club now also provides coaching sessions for girls and boys and have participated in an Under 14′s league for several years.